The most awaited week in German football has started! After Angela Merkel gave the green light, the Bundesliga is close to returning to the field starting on Saturday, May 16th.
According to the protocol, all teams were quarantined today. It is mandatory isolation for everyone after coronavirus tests have been performed. Great news from Germany And the good news is that there are no more infected players in Cologne – the two footballers and a staff member are recovering after the last test came back negative. The players can only train on Thursday and it is hard to believe that they will be in the group for the match with Mainz. Otherwise, strict rules have been adopted in the camp. It is mandatory to wear a mask in the common areas, to keep your distance when the team is eating, and the players sleep alone in the room to reduce contact as much as possible.
Saturday 16 May.
- VfL Bochum – FC Heidenheim, 11.00 ,GMT (2.Bundesliga)
- Jahn Regensburg – Kiel, 11:00, GMT (2.Bundesliga)
- Erzgebirge Aue – Sandhausen, 11:00,GMT(2.Bundesliga)
- Karlsruher – Darmstadt, 11:00, GMT (2.Bundesliga)
- Borussia Dortmund – Schalke 04, 13:00GMT(Bundesliga)
- RB Leipzig – Freiburg, 13:30,GMT(Bundesliga)
- Hoffenheim – Hertha Berlin, 13:30, GMT(Bundesliga)
- Eintracht Frankfurt – Borussia Monchengladbach, 16:30(Bundesliga)
Sunday 17 May
- Greuther Furth – Hamburg SV, 11:30,GMT (2.Bundesliga)
- Wehen Wiesbaden – VfB Stuttgart, 11:30,GMT (2.Bundesliga)
- Arminia Bielefeld – Osnabruck, 11:30,GMT (2.Bundesliga)
- St. Pauli – Nurnberg, 11:30,GMY (2.Bundesliga)
- FC Koln – Mainz, 13:30, GMT(Bundesliga)
- Union Berlin – Bayern Munchen, 16:00, GMT(Bundesliga)
Monday 18 May
- Werder Bremen – Bayer Leverkusen, 19:30GMT(Bundesliga)
It would be normal for teams to have a craving for football, after the break period which was due to coronavirus, but given that it was not a relaxing break, with a lot of movement restrictions, players may also play mentally intimidated . However, we are talking about the Bundesliga where there is a high percentage of goals per match.
The Picks for Germany Bundesliga are:
- Borussia Dortmund – Schalke 04 – Both Teams to score
- RB Leipzig – Freiburg RB Leipzig to win